Expand: To become widely opened, spread apart, dilated, distended, or enlarged; as, flowers expand in the spring; metals expand by heat; the heart expands with joy.
The soundtrack to my life….part 1
–noun 1. an
act of transposing.
2. the state of being transposed.
3. a transposed form of something.
4. Genetics . the movement of a gene or set of genes from one
dna site to another.
5. Photography . the process of reversing the tonality of an image, as from negative to positive.
6. Mathematics . a permutation of a set of elements that interchanges two elements and leaves the remaining elements in their original positions.
The last thing I wanna do right now is read your stupid poetry,
Why can’t you just tell me what you really wanna say?
To whom shall I hire myself out?
What beast must I adore?
What holy image is attacked?
What hearts shall I break?
What lies shall I maintain?
In whose blood tread?
–noun ( used with a singular verb )
- the branch of philosophy that treats of first principles, includes ontology and cosmology, and is intimately connected with epistemology.
- philosophy, especially in its more abstruse branches.
- the underlying theoretical principles of a subject or field of inquiry.
- a treatise (4th century b.c.) by Aristotle, dealing with first principles, the relation of universals to particulars, and the teleological doctrine of causation.
- see also existentialism, nihilism, enlightenment and perhaps even transcendentalism
But the hearts that once adored me
Have long forgot their vow;
And the friends that mustered round me
Have all foresaken now …
And in the heath on mountains far
From human eye and human care,
With thoughtful heart and tearful eye
I sadly watched that solemn sky.
"I dreamt you were Athena…" William Hartley